Climate Recon 2050: Resource Library II
This page compiles all public outputs of the 2020-2022 period of the project, which focused on analysing submitted national long-term climate strategies (LTS). Outputs from 2018-2019 are available here.
Climate Recon 2050 provided a platform for dialogue and exchange on long-term climate strategies among experts from government and science. The insights generated during the project’s workshops and dialogue events, as well as the research conducted to inform the discussions are captured in the multiple publications produced within the framework of the project. The list below collects all documents published in the project since 2020.
The publications of the second part of the project focused on the long-term climate strategies (LTS) adopted by EU Member States. The reports either analyse a specific region, or concentrate on a sector whose transition is crucial for reaching net zero. Written by experts from leading organisations in the field, this collection constitutes a rich resource on different aspects of long-term climate modelling and planning.
- Assessment of the national Long-Term Strategies of the Baltic State countries
- Long-Term Strategies Assessment of the Visegrád Group Countries
- Assessment of the national Long-Term Strategies of Austria, Croatia and Slovenia
- Recommendations for Romania’s Long-Term Climate Strategy
- Assessment of Bulgaria’s Long-Term Strategy for climate neutrality
- Long-term strategies: state of play, challenges and possible support through the G20
- Carbon Dioxide Removal options in the National Long-term Strategies of EU Member States
- Natural gas in national Long-Term Strategies of EU Member States
- District heating in national Long-Term Strategies
- Role of individual mobility in the national Long-Term Strategies of EU Member States
All Climate Recon 2050 publications can be found at https://climatedialogue.eu/outputs.
Some reports were accompanied by public webinars in which the results were discussed with experts in the field. Please find respective resources and recordings here:
- Debate: A climate neutral Europe by 2050: EU impulse and national action
- Webinar: Getting to net zero in the Visegrád countries
- Webinar: Carbon Dioxide Removal options in the National Long-term Strategies of EU Member States
- Webinar: Getting to low-carbon district heating
A closing public conference to finalize the project took place in Brussels in November 2022. In a hybrid format, European climate policy experts and EU officials discussed the role of LTSs and scientific advisory councils for the EU’s goal of reaching net zero by 2050. More information about the conference and the recording of the discussion can be found here.